You know why it’s hard to be happy? It’s because we refuse to let go of the things that make us sad.
- It takes courage to love, but pain through love is the purifying fire which those who love generously know. We all know people who are so much afraid of pain that they shut themselves up like clams in a shell and, giving out nothing, receive nothing and therefore shrink until life is a mere living death. – Eleanor Roosevelt
- It’s so hard to forget pain, but it’s even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace. – Chuck Palahniuk, Diary
- You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life. – Albert Camus
- Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. – Mahatma Gandhi
- Happiness depends upon ourselves. – Aristotle